I’ve not had time to read the last two days so it’s another book tag. This time it’s The Book Blogger Test that I found on My Little Book Blog.
what are your top three book pet hates?
1. When a romance book has a risque cover and then you read it only to realize it is a 1 or 2 out of 5 on the heat level. It alienates readers from both sides because sweet readers won’t know it’s sweet so they don’t buy it and spicy readers who buy it will think it’s spicy.
2. Characters that hate each other one second then they are madly in love the next after something small happens. Yes, that something small can make a change in feelings, but you still need to build it up over time even if it’s a short amount of time, but not instantly.
3. Novella’s that don’t tie up loose ends or explain things fully. When there is something in a character’s backstory that is never fully explained or something happens and then forgotten about then it’s like a cliffhanger. If it will be explained in another book please let us know.
describe your perfect reading spot
I’m an in bed reader or an out in nature reader. So either a cozy bed, nice pjs, my fur babies, my tv in the background, and no loud noises. Or a nice comfy shady spot surrounded nature with no city noise.
tell us three book confessions
1. I still haven’t read Pride and Prejudices even though I have it as an ebook and have watched two film adaptions.
2. I have a massive TBR list of over 800 on Goodreads and don’t even own like 95% of them. I will read a book by a new to me author and then add all of their books to my TBR list, but rarely get around to buy them or forget I added them.
3. I have been stuck read book 5 of the Outlander series for over a year. I took a break from it due to review requests at the time and haven’t picked it up since even when I have free time.
when was the last time you cried during a book?
A Scarlet Woman by Lorna Peel. There were many things in it that made me cry for different reasons and I loved it.
how many books are on your bedside table?
One and it’s The Fiery Cross book 5 of the Outlander series. It’s sitting there to remind me I haven’t finished it.
what is your favourite snack to eat while you’re reading?
I don’t eat while 99% of the time, but if I do eat then it’s usually some kind of chips.
name three books you would recommend to everyone
This is soooooo hard and I’m going to list series:
The Willow Creek series by Lily Graison
The Secrets and Scandal series by Darcy Burke
The Rookery Rogues series by Erica Monroe
show us a picture of your favorite bookshelf on your bookcase
No shelves! Just a stack of books on a cubbie.
write how much books mean to you in just three words
Escape for everything!
what is your biggest reading secret?
I love many types of heroes in romances, but unlike many, I don’t like the very alpha male type. The ones that like to be in charge at all times and don’t let up ever are a huge turn off for me.
That is the end of the tag! I’m not tagging anyone, but if you decided to do it let me know!